2019 has been a year outpouring of blessings here in Aninuan. As the waters of blessing rise, the storms of spiritual warfare rage.
God has supernaturally started a discipleship ministry here in Aninuan that ministers to people who we love very much. Generations of unBiblical strongholds are colliding with the gospel and its hope, freedom and worldview! Jesus Christ is the ROCK and He breaks the strongholds, crushes the enemies, and sets the captives free... free to follow Him and be discipled into new, truthful ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving.
Since the first sin of Adam, all abundant harvests must be sown by the sweat of the brow. In our case, the sweat of the brow is an onslaught of spiritual attacks that have lasted for about a year. As we have stood against the lies and bondage of Satan in the lives people in Aninuan, we've been attacked daily. Freedom and life are flowing into the hearts and souls of youth and families, as the Holy Spirit gently and firmly regenerates hearts and minds with the truth of the Bible.
This past week, I checked into a hospital in Manila and found out that my pancreas wasn't producing enough insulin. My blood sugar was at 765 and my body was in a critical state of emergency. While this physical illness surprises me, physical attacks within spiritual warfare do not surprise me. As I take the insulin and change my lifestyle, I know that this is a direct spiritual attack on Christ's mission here in Aninuan.
This area of the Philippines is home to occult spirits, animistic spirits, and spirits of sexual perversion. Our mission is to stand and shine the LIGHT of the gospel through love, relationships and discipleship. Our mission is to bring generational freedom and healing, as the Holy Spirit gives us opportunities to shine Jesus' authority and truth into the lives of those we are ministering to.
How can you help? Prayer. It is that simple and yet, it is that difficult. We need prayer to surround us and build an impenetrable wall around our family, our team, and those we disciple.
We do not fight Satan and his forces from our own wisdom or strength. Jesus Christ already cut off the head of the giant. It is from a place of victory that we fight. This is difficult because the attacks of the enemy create an unrealistic facade of defeat. Thinking, speaking, and acting from truth is paramount to dispel the lies. And, although we fight and stand in truth, it is the LORD who fights for us. We are like David against Goliath: "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."
Here's what you can pray:
1. Pray for armies of angels to invade Aninuan to battle with us, and to protect us and the sheep here.
2. Pray for the Holy Spirit to boil over inside of us and take over the battle.
3. Pray for 100% physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental soundness for our family and team.
4. Pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit to flow unhindered.
5. Pray for us to have balance between healthy personal lifestyle and our ministry lifestyle.
6. Pray for the strongholds and spiritual bondage we encounter to be penetrated and demolished by the Holy Spirit.
7. Pray for Holy Spirit wisdom for the Father's will for every ministry activity.
8. Pray for our vigilance and growth in spiritual battle. We must fight in the name of Jesus Christ, from a place of His victory.
We're a family on mission to bring the good news of Jesus to the Philippines.