God put me in time out for a couple of days with a flu. Aside from being in bad shape, it's been a time to think about some deep stuff.
I'm sitting here watching Bob Goff taking about love taking action.
Here are a few things that I'm realizing:
1. It's our job to see people for who they are becoming. Use our lives to build up, encourage and equip.
2. To be a missionary, I have to change me, not force all of my new friends to change for me.
3. I have to slowly crucify my pride, if I'm going to be a long-term cross-cultural missionary.
4. Love is an action. Jesus loves us so much that He left Heaven to live with us, die for us, and rise again for us. That's why I need to leave my comfort zone and go where people are spiritually hungry.
5. 90% of the world's unevangelized live in the 10/40 window and only and estimated 10% of the world's Christian workers are here. One realization that I've had in the past 1.5 months is that God has to send the workers. On the other hand, we all should be trying to go. It was really hard for us to leave our life in America. But, I encourage you to try to leave. I encourage you to seek God's calling to the 10/40 window. If not you and me, who will go to tell the 90%?
We're a family on mission to bring the good news of Jesus to the Philippines.